Wondering if you need an eCommerce order management system for your Business?
An eCommerce order management system consists of several things, and it usually gets pretty confusing while planning to shift operations on it. However, when you do it the right way, an order management system can bring loads of benefits to your Business and help you optimize it.
In this post, we take a deeper look at an eCommerce order management system and how it can help your Business grow. I am sure you will find many new avenues and areas of your Business which can get impacted hugely with such a system.
Without any further ado, let’s dig deep into how an order management system helps your Business.
- Automation of simple tasks – The lesser manual jobs, the better and quicker it is. Manual processes are slower as compared to ones fulfilled by the order management software. Also, manual jobs are more prone to errors. Simpler and straightforward tasks like printing labels, printing invoices, forwarding timely notifications to customers, etc., can be looked after by an eCommerce order management system. Automation helps to save time for more elementary tasks.
- Omnichannel fulfillment of orders – An eCommerce order management system helps with omnichannel fulfillment of orders. With an order management software featuring all centralized data, it gets easier to accept orders online and fulfill them from any warehouse as per convenience. It uses the available resources at disposal to get the order to the customer at the earliest opportunity. Therefore, using an eCommerce order management system can help your business flourish by efficient management and fulfillment of orders.
- Speeding up pickups and packing process – An efficient eCommerce order management system includes product and inventory management tools to simplify and speed up the picking and packing processes.
These tools help to identify the position of any product in the warehouse. It also updates the store inventory in real-time. Once the product is picked, the packing department uses the Order Management Software to check its dimensions and weight such that it is appropriately packed.
- Shipping orders through integrated partners – The eCommerce order management system integrates with several logistics companies. You can choose a top-rated delivery partner and send the product to customers via them. Furthermore, the software helps you and your customers to track the shipment at any given time.
- Efficient management of the inventory – Inefficient management of your store inventory can be troublesome with the customer experience. Improper management can display an out-of-stock product is available to your customers. This misinformation can lead to a poor experience for your customers. You can also have incorrectly placed orders and the increased task of cancellation and refunds.
Proper integration with the warehouse management system, point-of-sale system, and marketplaces can be highly beneficial. It helps to achieve an updated store inventory. It additionally renders an excellent sales strategy.
- Efficient fulfillment strategy – An eCommerce order management system features the ability to integrate with the order accomplishment software. It makes it easy for the retailers to offer options like same-day delivery, pick up from store, express delivery, and others.
To manage your orders efficiently, you must be able to view your entire inventory across all the sales channels and offer your buyers all the potential fulfillment solutions.
Every business features a different approach to order fulfillment. It depends on factors like customers, return processes, fulfillment locations, vendors, etc. However, most of the order fulfillments include the steps as follows:
- Receiving an order from the buyer
- Entering the order details into the system
- The buyer gets a notification of their order confirmation
- The order is directed to the closest fulfillment center or warehouse
- The order item is picked from the shelf by an employee
- The company prepares the order and prints the labels
- The order is shipped
- The customer gets a notification about the order on its way
- The order is delivered.
An eCommerce order management system optimizes the steps and makes the process cost-effective and streamlined. It reduces the overhead costs and lets you hold more profits. The ideal operational software would efficiently integrate with the platform and tools to deliver a top-notch experience for your business.
Some ways in which the eCommerce order management system helps effectively manage order fulfillments are as follows:
- Whenever a buyer pays for a product, the eCommerce order management system automatically updates your accounting system Quickbooks, prints a shipping label, and generates an invoice.
- When the order ships, the eCommerce order management system integrates with the shipping partner and helps track the order progress. Once out for delivery, the customer can track it until delivered.
- Usage of analytics and forecasting tools – Forecasting and analytics tools of an eCommerce order management system help you plan for the future. If you plan to offer some exclusive festive sales or offers or something exclusive for a specific holiday season, these tools help you plan better.
The eCommerce order management software controls the details of your complete stock and sends timely alerts about the stock levels. With the details of your store stock, you can refill it well within time.
- Ensuring responses to marketing strategies – An eCommerce order management system plays a significant role in boosting your business. You can efficiently manage your orders across the store with the assistance of the order management software. Efficient responses to the marketplace changes and responses to customer demands are prompt with the help of the eCommerce order management system.
- Competitor analysis and changing pricing – ECommerce order management system features repricing tools. You can use this tool to update the prices of your listed products in real-time on various marketplaces such as Amazon. With the repricing tool, you can maintain the tagged price of your store products across several marketplaces.
Competitive analysis of prices is the evaluation of the customer reaction to new costs utilizing historical data. Often the price analysis helps to examine the response of buyers without considering potential profits. An efficient eCommerce order management system helps you with competitive analysis and rate your products accordingly. It also helps you with the customer history of purchases.
- Centralized Data – With an eCommerce order management system, you have access to centralized data. With an order management dashboard, you get an overview of the data in one place. Be it accounting details, customer information, or inventory details, one can access everything in one place. With the tools, you get easier access to your marketing and sales. You get to track the drawbacks and put in efforts to improve the same.
I am sure all this information has given you more than enough to appreciate how you can benefit from an eCommerce order management system.
Implementing all the things listed above will undoubtedly take some time and expertise, but once you have a system in place, you will also get to see phenomenal results in the form of increased productivity and profitability.
We at BetterCommerce help every one of our customers by equipping them with tools to create and manage order management systems for their store efficiently.
Want to know more about it?
Contact us using the information given on the website to know how we can help your specific brand!